Monday 28 January 2013

Trendy, Part 1.

It is becoming increasingly apparant that I am actually a fashion guru. The world might not be ready for my radical styles yet, but one day they'll see the light and the masses will be flocking to 'Joanna Ford' shops all over the world, and religiously going to lifestyle seminars run by yours truly.

I realised my hidden talents this morning, whilst compiling another outfit ENTIRELY composed of items from H&M. I am not kidding, this is the 4th day in a row I have done this. And when I say everything, I actually mean everything, which is in itself, quite an achievement.

Joanna Ford: Trendsetter, Part 1. 'Get Your Look'.

In order that you may achieve my 'look', I have thrown together my 'must-have-it-list' for the upcoming Spring months. As we all know, it is essential to copy someone else's 'look' for the new season, and as imitation is the greatest form of flattery, I will let you all try out my sensational style at home.



Let's start with the socks, the absolute basis of any stunning outfit. My particular socks are from H&M, from the sock and bra section of the establishment. They are glittery in design; gold and silver thread on a background of black. A little scratchy in texture, but you soon get used to this slight discomfort when you see how absolutely STUNNING they make your final outfit look.

Next, we'll look at the trews. My particular trews are from H&M, from the Jeans and Trousers section of the establishment. They are 'Super-Skinny', so they hug your curves in all the wrong places, but really embrace this season's 'it-style'. I chose the black Super Skinnys, as they really are as versatile as you think! Team with some pumps for 'laid-back-cool', with heels for a stunning, glam evening look, or with boots when you want to get down with nature and tramp through the snow. Really girls - you need these wonderful trews.


For the upper half of the body, I am sporting several looks all combined into one fabulous fashion bonanza. Let's first look at my 'boyfriend shirt', recently purchased in H&M, in the sale section of the establishment. Blue in colour, loose in fit and made of breathable cotton fabric, this is one wardrobe essential you simply cannot live without! Team this with my pink-and-brown Seventies inspired acrylic jumper, and you have 'could be boyfriend, but could be walk of shame' chic down to a tee. Throw a replica tweed blazer over both of these items, and you have your 'I'm too cool for this office' look sorted. Both the acrylic jumper and replica jacket are warm in nature, and are ideal for the often changable spring weather. Both items can also be found in the sale section of the H&M establishment.

Now for the face and hair; your crowning glory. It is important to follow these stages carefully if you are to fully achieve the 'I couldn't give a toss' look, so favoured by myself. Wake up late. Do not shower. Wash your face. Brush your teeth. Scrape your hair back to hide the birdsnest. Put your glasses on to distract people from the spot on your forehead. And, TADAH! You have your perfect Spring outfit, teamed perfectly with matching hair and makeup.


I know you may find it a little intimidating trying to become as fashionable as I am, but don't worry fellow fashion lovers - you'll get there one day! Just keep saying 'stunning', 'I'm loving this...' and 'this looks great teamed with' and people will start believing that you too are a fashion guru. But more on how to speak next time...

Next Time... I will be dealing with those all-important lifestyle choices which will really make you look cool.

Watch out fashion bloggers; I'm stealing your glory.

1 comment:

  1. I have that same jacket, bought it in D-land. Apparently "Es sieht sehr chic/british aus!" Was a fave at school!

    ReplyDelete

I am bad at German

Help me, please.